Web Analytics
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Internet Explorer is officially dead today!

Simon

Internet Explorer (IE) is officially dead today! After nearly 27 years, Microsoft is finally retiring its web browser, as the tech giant has withdrawn support for Internet Explorer 11 - the very last version of the once popular web browser. The old web browser is being replaced by Microsoft Edge, which the company launched with Windows 10 in 2015.

The Verge reports that not much will change for consumers as usage of Internet Explorer has plummeted in recent years, according to web statistics Internet Explorer currently holds less than one percent of total browser market share. But if you're still using Internet Explorer (for whatever reason, you maniac), the Verge reports that: "Microsoft will start rolling out a new prompt over the coming months that redirect those still using Internet Explorer over to Microsoft Edge. Eventually, Internet Explorer will be permanently disabled as part of a future Windows update."

It's an end of an era. Finally.

I have noticed the move to fully make use of the bing browser, but as with IE and bing they both do have the same reputation to be slow at processing somtimes. on the up the most popular is i think a lot of people use chrome and firefox following by opera.

if microsoft improve the bing browser since the end of IE also they can probably focus on fixing some issue with it and i may take a second look to see if the browser is worth using from time to time.

Edited by Gh0st4unt3r
typo