Web Analytics
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Huawei MateBook E and MateStation X

Simon

At an event in China earlier this week, Huawei announced new devices such as smartwatches, a VR headset, and even a printer. But the two devices that caught my attention were their new Windows powered tablet and all-in-one desktop.

Huawei MateBook E

651105257_Huaweimatebooke.thumb.jpg.3b42493139b80ef6cd548c519b4f05f2.jpg

MateBook E is Huawei’s new 2-in-1 tablet that looks like a sleeker Microsoft Surface version without the clever and useful kickstand. The new tablet runs Windows 11 and is powered by Intel’s 11-gen core i5 and i7 chipsets. The tablet will have a large 12.6-inch OLED touchscreen with a 2560x1600 pixel resolution that will also support Huawei’s stylus pens. Besides stylus support, Huawei will also offer a smart magnetic keyboard or slide keyboard if you want to be more productive.

You will apparently be able to choose between 8 or 16GB LPDDR4x RAM as well as 256 or 512GB PCIe NVMe SSDs. The MateBook E will also have an 8MP front-facing camera and a 13MP shooter around the back. When it comes to I/O availability, you’ll only have access to a single Thunderbolt 4 port, as well as a 3.5 mm headphone jack. The MateBook E also supports WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity.

Huawei MateStation X

755966977_HuaweiMateStationX.thumb.jpg.594bc8a3cda5d67ddecfdd38176e4c88.jpg

I’ve always wanted a sleek all-in-one desktop Windows PC, but unfortunately, I’ve just never found a good-looking AIO. So far, it seems only Apple has been willing to actually make sleek and beautiful all-in-one desktops, which is a real bummer because I will never get into that walled-in and overly expensive ecosystem. But Huawei’s new MateStation X, which runs Windows 11, looks like just the all-in-one desktop I’ve been longing for.

The MateStation X has a large 28.2-inch IPS LCD touchscreen with a 3840x2560 pixel resolution, which the Chinese company calls a 4k+ display. The AIO will come in two versions that offers either an AMD Ryzen 5 5600H or a Ryzen 7 5800H processor and Radeon graphics. Both versions will apparently come with 16GB RAM and 512GB M.2 NVMe storage. Huawei is bundling the all-in-one desktop with a wireless keyboard with a built-in fingerprint for fast Windows authentication. You will also be able to choose if you want the MateStation X in white or a darker grey colour.

Price and Availability

The Huawei MateBook E and MateStation X will go on sale in China in early December, there is no confirmation if and when they'll be available in other markets. Price for the MateBook E tablet could potentially range from $940 for the cheaper version and up to $1365 for the more expensive version. The MateStation X could start at $1570 and go up towards $1880.