Simon

Search engines  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which search engine do you use?

• Google
    • Bing
    • DuckDuckGo
    • Other

Which is your preferred search engine - and why? 

Personally, I haven't used Google search in a couple of years now because I'm perfectly satisfied using DuckDuckGo. Occasinally I also use Bing (and yes, I refuse to use their new boring name "Microsoft Search") - and that's mostly when Windows forces me to use it haha.

On 10/11/2021 at 5:44 PM, Sanjo said:

Google. I haven't used anything else. 

Just curious, but why haven't you tried another search engine?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, Sanjo said:

Google has always been the best and its everywhere and everyone uses it. So why try something else.

Absolutely, Google is a good search engine. There is no question about it. But I don't like their monopoly. And I don't like to give up all my personal information to an ad-company. And I don't like the idea of having personalized search results. That's why I use alternative search engines.

DuckDuckGo works just fine for me, even when I search for more local stuff. But I do wish they would improve their Maps features and use something else than Apple maps.

I'm sure if Google didn't have a search engine monopoly, they would have been replaced by another, better search engine by now.