Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is your favorite gaming platform?

Simon

Gaming Platform  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite gaming platform?

• Playstation
    • Xbox
    • PC
    • Smartphone and/or tablet
    • Wii
    • Portable gaming device (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Switch, etc.)

My favorite is PC because I grew up playing with a PC and I'm just used to the keyboard and mouse controls compared to the controller of the consoles. Most genres that I play are also not available in consoles, such as RTS and MOBAs. I only play consoles for sports games, such as FIFA or NBA 2k.

I'm most certainly comfortable playing games on my PC rather than in console. PC offers better graphics than consoles, especially if you have a high-end video card installed. And moreover, I download most of my games via torrent on my PC, which I think in consoles it's not possible. You will have to buy most of your games in a console.

I'm a console gamer so I had to pick PlayStation. I actually used to be an Xbox person as I had the Xbox 360 but the PlayStation 4 converted me. I'm sure PC gaming is a lot better than gaming on the PlayStation 4 but for me, it's just a bit more convenient not having to worry about a lot of things. I can just buy the game and I know my console will support it and will be able to run it without any problems. Plus you don't have to worry about online gaming being ruined by online hackers.

I love playing in PC because I can play open world games and the controls are so easy. And when it comes to games, PC has more games that is more real than Consoles. I can literary say that playing at PC is more easy than any consoles, that's because PC has a complete control and fits the gamer for open world games. 

I am a bit torn on this because as a child I actually began gaming around when the NES came out... so technically I started out on a console. But through the years I became more attached to the computer gaming. I've spent countless hours just playing PC games back when I was in high school and had a lot of time to burn. 

Recently, I've bought the PS4 though and I'm loving it. It's quite relaxing to be able to just lay in your bed and play some good games on it such as Witcher 3. 

I gave my vote to the PC because even though that it isn't the only gaming platform that I use it's the one that I do use the most.

• 5 months later...

I don't really like using traditional consoles anymore. I feel so lazy when I'm sitting down and playing games. I only use my phone these days and I love it. Having it in the palm of my hand is very convenient.

On 2/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Ash said:

I'm sure PC gaming is a lot better than gaming on the PlayStation 4 but for me, it's just a bit more convenient not having to worry about a lot of things. I can just buy the game and I know my console will support it and will be able to run it without any problems. Plus you don't have to worry about online gaming being ruined by online hackers.

That's a good point, you just need to connect the console to your TV and you're all set. It's a bit harder when you play on the PC to know if your computer will properly handle your new game.

On 2/11/2018 at 5:05 PM, coolprogramer36 said:

I love playing in PC because I can play open world games and the controls are so easy.

Yes, there is no denying that the controls (mouse + keyboard) on PC is superior to consoles.

4 hours ago, Jerlene said:

Having it in the palm of my hand is very convenient.

And you can bring it with you everywhere! ? Have you tried any of those portable gaming devices, such as the new Nintendo Switch?

On 2/11/2018 at 7:55 PM, Flake said:

I've bought the PS4 though and I'm loving it. It's quite relaxing to be able to just lay in your bed and play some good games on it such as Witcher 3.

I know what you mean! I love sitting on my couch playing my Xbox, it's just much more comfortable than sitting at the desk playing on the PC.

• 3 years later...

I like Wii simply because it has the Mario and Donkey Kong games I like so much.  However, that's not dissing other systems.   They are probably just as good, but they just don't have those games.